Monday, February 28, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Already another year has gone by, and so has another Stanislaus County California Women for Agriculture (CWA) annual brunch. You can view additional photos by clicking here. The theme for this year's table setting brunch was These Are a Few of my Favorite Things.
My favorite things, as reflected by my table setting, go back to my childhood. My grandmother's dishes, the calla lilys that grew in her back yard, the alfalfa cubes - I love the smell of fresh chopped alfalfa, or a freshly opened bale, my mom's mini-cherry cheesecakes that I served my guests for dessert, and my family and friends who surrounded the table are just a few of my favorite things!

Members and guests enjoyed the soup and salad brunch. Statewide CWA president, Celeste Settrini, was our guest speaker. She spoke about her role in CA ag and encouraged members to Share Your Ag Story. Such a great message, and one that I've really come to recognize over the past few years. The average consumer is further away from the family farm than ever, and the conversation about where the food on your table comes from is one that needs to me much more front and center.

Thank you for coming, ladies! I hope you enjoyed yourselves!
r: Michelle, Mia, Skylar, Ellen and Annie
f: Jenny and Cheryle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those plates!! Love them!! The table looks so lovely! Good work, El! Love, the "cool" cousin...

Unknown said...

Thanks, D! I had to borrow pieces from my two favorite sisters to make it all come together, but it was fun to Finally have enough to put together and a great reason to use them!