Thursday, June 16, 2011

How well did you do?

Here are the answers... 
#1 - Point Reyes, Just Original Blue
This is a creamy favorite of nearly everyone we share it with. Visit Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Company online and learn about this cheese company located on one of the furthest West located points in the United States. 

#2 - Fiscalini, Purple Moon
This aged cheddar is soaked in California North Coast Cabernet Sauvignon! A classic paring of California dairy and wine industries! This is one of my favorites, and I'm just going to have to give the recipe shown above a try! Visit Fiscalini Farmstead Cheese online, and say hello to our neighbors! Yes... my favorite cheese is made just down the road! :)

#3 - Marin French, Triple Creme Brie
This delictable triple creme brie is incredible served with crackers at room temperature! Mmmm... There are so many brie options to choose from at Marin French Cheese, you're just going to have to try them all! Growing up, I enjoyed trips to this Cheese Factory, located a short 10 minute drive from my parents' home.

#4 - Sonoma, Pesto Jack
There were a few havarti guesses on this one, but the pesto rules here! The Sonoma Cheese Factory is another with so many options to choose from, located in downtown Sonoma it's a convenient stop to grab some cheese, fruit and a bottle of wine and head across the street to the park in the center plaza.

#5 - Tillamook, Pepper Jack
This is the only cheese on our list that is not produced in California, but we are definate fans of Tillamook cheeses! Their Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar is my husband's favorite! Check out this post of our visit to the Tillamook Cheese Plant.

To be truly honest, I think I could come up with about 20 different Favorite cheeses! Maybe we'll have to share some others with you sometime...

We hope that you have met some new favorites among our list! Congratulations to Colleen Cecil for her excellent cheese identification skills! I guess the cheese just goes to the heart of us CA girls! Thank you to everyone who participated!

3 comments:

colleen said...

WooHoo! That's what growing up on a dairy, four years of judging dairy products in high school plus a love of cheese in my adult life get you. And I would have to agree, I am a California girl but Jake and I love Tillamook cheese too! Been to the plant, did the tour and bought the cheese. Don't tell anyone but we buy it all the time at Costco. Ssshhh! And you should also l know I went home and finished off a block of brie last night with rice crackers. YUM!

Dar said...

Love cheese, but don't get those fancy ones often. We, here in your cheese competition, love the Colby, made just down the road a piece in Colby, WI, the Cojack, Muensters, Provolone, Cheddars and PepperJack. The cheese factories always have fresh, squeaky, Cheese Curds on the counters that we buy for snacking. Love the look of that Blue Cheese, my favorite on a salad. Your cheeses rock! Fantastic entry!
BlessYourHeart

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Oh gee, I wish I had stopped by yesterday for this cheese game! I love cheese . . . not that I would have got any of these right mind you!

What a delicious post! I'm happy I stopped by today!

Mary