Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ask A Farmer

After seeing a Panera Bread "antibiotic free ham" commercial blast into my living room this evening, I have decided that I have completely had it. I am fed up with assumptions associated with where or how our food is grown or produced.
 
As a farmer, I feel the obligation to always be open to questions and concerns from anyone who does not have first-hand farm experience. In a Facebook post earlier this evening, I challenged readers to reach out to the next farmer they come across and ask them a question.
 
This got me to thinking that you may be standing right next to a farmer, and not ever realize it. Or the possibility could occur that you just may never have the opportunity to come face to face with a farmer.
 
So I figured this was the perfect opportunity for a blog post, and a challenge. I challenge you to post a question in the comments section of this post, or via another form of social media, in regards to one of your favorite food products. I will get in touch with the right farmer for you and follow up with the answer to your question.
 
Let's get this conversation going, ask away! Topics do not need to be limited to dairy farming, feel free to ask about any produce or livestock food item.
 
Click the banner above to visit the AmericasFarmers.com site, for more Ask A Farmer.
 

No comments: