Friday, November 01, 2013

30 Day Series: Day 1 - Dishes

I am Thankful for dishes. Dirty dishes.
No joke. This is how my kitchen looked when we headed off to school yesterday morning.
 
Please, do not be mistaken. This situation nearly gave me hives. I was disgusted and almost talked myself into dropping our littlest off late to preschool, just so I could wash them.
 
How? How could I be thankful for such a nasty mess? I can only imagine what my husband thought when he popped in for lunch before I got back home again.

I am thankful that these dishes represent one home cooked dinner, one batch of from-scratch pumpkin pancakes and two hot school packed lunches.
 
Instead of doing dishes - Halloween costumes were completed, bedtime stories were read, preparations for a family weekend were made and morning snuggles were given.
 
Funny thing. They were All waiting for me when I got home around 2:30 yesterday afternoon. In my defense, the ones on the left-hand side of the sink are Clean! Sometimes I lag in the putting dishes away department, too.
 
So yes, I am Thankful for dirty dishes - because my family has been fed and quality time is sometimes more important than washing dishes.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Check out more contributors in the 30 Days Series, there is a complete list posted over at My Generation!
 

No comments: