Thursday, March 24, 2011

A special piece of my heart

To know me is to know that a large piece of my heart is reserved for agriculture. While dairy may cover the majority of that large piece, production agriculture in all forms is something that I'm very proud to be a part of. To see our food and fiber raised and produced is an amazing thing, one that many consumers don't have the luxury of experiencing.

Yes, I said Luxury. Our work may not be the most pretty - cleaning up after animals, nasty weather, and broken equipment can make for some long, dirty days. But, in the end, there is always the reward of having reaped what we sowed. Today I will be assisting the North Bay Dairy Women at their Marin County Ag Day booth. We will share general nutrition information with visiting 3rd graders, while exhibitors from all walks of agriculture throughout the county will be sharing their stories. A true hands on experience for the kids to recognize that their food and fiber does start somewhere.

No comments: