Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

Thanks to an error in scheduling my blog posts... this Memorial Day post should have posted Yesterday! Of any Holiday, this one is worth extending an extra day!
San Joaquin Valley National Cemetary

What is it about our flag that makes me catch my breath every time... ?

The freedom that it stands for.

The lives that have been sacrificed in order for it to fly high.


The comfort in my heart knowing that our babies will be able to grow up and be whatever they want to be.

The families missing loved ones, who are away on duty for extended periods of time.


Something about the Red. White. & Blue. makes me take a moment and think about what we take for granted so very often.

And our National Anthem - forget about it! I get a lump in my throat and welled up eyes just thinking about it. To be in a crowd of people, at a ball game or a ceremony, and hearing everyone singing together really brings forth the power of the words.


In the words of Lee Greenwood... "God Bless the USA!" and thank you to all the men and women who have served and are serving in our armed forces, and to their families. Thank you for protecting our freedom and keeping our homeland safe. Thank you for putting your life on the line at the risk of the ultimate sacrifice.

May you all have a safe and happy Memorial Day!

No comments: