Many thanks to Sarah over at This Farm Family's Life for bestowing upon us our very first Blogger Award! Thank you, Sarah for linking us up... please take a moment to check out her farm family and their goings on, I'm sure you'll enjoy her blog as much as we do!
The rules that come with this award are to thank the person who gave it to you, link back to their blog, and pass it along to other deserving bloggers. Then, you must reveal seven things about yourself.
Well, this is definitely the more difficult part... here goes!
1. I tend to be a control freak - I did not realize this about myself until we had our second child and my husband and I decided it would be best for all if I left my job to stay home with our boys. Some days I am better at 'Letting Go' of things like toys on the floor, dishes on the counter and laundry on the chair than I'd like to be. Other days, I can't seem to function in all the disorder.
2. I love our little boys more than anything in the world, and their daddy, too! I thought my husband carried my heart in his hands, now I'm not so sure... those little ones sure know how to pull the strings.
3. I prefer to be barefoot when I'm outside, funny for someone who does not like feet! But indoors, I like socks best. Finken (we call them Finkies in our house) are great, but I seem to lose them every 9-17 minutes. Finken is the Swiss word for slippers, I don't know if our youngest even knows what Slippers are!
4. I've got a soft spot for cows. The black-and-white (Holstein) ones to be specific. I've been able to look out my window and see them every day of my life... except for a short time in college and just after.
5. I have an enormous sense of pride for farmers and ranchers, and I love watching things grow.
6. I like to cook, but am terrified to bake. I love ending the day with time around the table with my boys and a yummy dinner - even better when I surprise us all with an experiment turns out great!
7. I suffer from But-First-Syndrome.
For example: I'm going to empty the dishwasher (open the dishwasher), But First I'll have a glass of water (pull a glass from dishwasher, fill with water, open the freezer for ice), But First I need to decide what we're having for dinner (dig through the house freezer and find too much mix-match so decide to head to the garage freezer), But First I need to water the garden (turn on the water and begin to water, find toys left in the field), But First I'll pick up these toys so the swather doesn't eat them up...
And then a little guy wakes from his nap and comes outside. It's been an hour and a half, the dishwasher is still open, dinner - whatever it is - is still in the freezer, the garden is half watered and the toys are now in the way of the lawn mower instead of the swather.
I could dedicate a post a week to the wandering mind of a But First Sufferer, maybe that would be the first step to recovery... ;)
And now for the easy part, to present this award to the following deserving bloggers:
Congratulations! Be sure to check out their blogs, they are all great!! Thanks again, Sarah!
Thanks to the world of blogging, I could have listed every single blog that I enjoy following. Be sure to check out some more of our favorites on the right side bar!