Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Day Series: Day 13 - Our Party Day!

Graphic Photo Alert: Please note, this post contains some semi-graphic photos.
 
I am Thankful for This day - Our Party Day!
 
In this case, perhaps our Celebration day would be more accurate, but my doctor Did say that I should, "Have a party!"
 
A couple of months ago, I found myself diagnosed with Stage 0 Melanoma, or Melanoma In-Situ. After my original post, I had a follow-up appointment at the cancer clinic. My doctor said that the hole in my leg was healing great and it should be closed up in no time. I asked him what the next step was, once the skin had grown back over and the hole was closed up.
 
He said, very frankly, "You have a party!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have the best cancer doctor! Not that I can say I even have one to compare him to, but his personality, attitude and sense of humor is so warm and relieving. Plus, he was SO right! After spending the last 2 months and 1 day with my leg wrapped in an array of colored vet wrap....
 

 
 
 
 
 
What were we supposed to do when the soak and wrap bit was over??
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 27th
 
November 9th 


 
Today - November 13th!
 
 Today, was our Party day!
The hole is closed over, and no more soak and wrap is required!
 
I was able to apply a simple Cetaphil moisturizer and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bandage, and hit the door running - literally.
 
I am thrilled to have this experience behind us. And though I may be a bit apprehensive about my upcoming appointment in December, I know what to expect if another spot should be found and most importantly, I know that I will be in excellent hands.

In the next few days, the boys will plan our "party" and we will celebrate and share the time together, because there is no other way I'd rather celebrate such an awesome milestone!
 
 
I am also Thankful for...
 
Check out these other fantastic 30 Day Series farm bloggers! 
  • My Generation: 30 Days of 5 Things
  • Confessions of a Farm Wife: 30 Days, By the Numbers
  • Janice Person: 30 Days of Giving Thanks
  • Beyer Beware: 30 Days of #farmsmatter
  • Pinke Post: 30 Days of Women in Agriculture
  • Homestead Hill Farm: 30 Days of Views from the Hill
  • Thoughts on Life: 30 Days of Ranch Life Memories
  • farmgirldays: 30 Days of Farm Related DIY Projects
  • Snapshots of a Kansas Farm: 30 Snapshots of a Kansas Farm
  • Life on a Real California Dairy Farm: 30 Days of Thankful
  • Morning Joy Farm: 30 Days of Family Agriculture
  • Minnesota Farmer: 30 Days: After the Harvest
  • From My Front Porch: 30 Days of Live.Laugh.Farm.
  • Rural Route 2: 30 Days of Farm Girl Memories
  • Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom: 30 Days of Blogging
  • The Field Position: 30 Days of Family, Food & Fun
  • Sounds Like Home to Me: 30 Days of Randomness with a Pig Nutrition Grad Student
  • Carolyn Cares: 30 Days of Thanksgiving
  • Kelly McCormick Photography:  30 Days of Simply Being
  • Wag'n Tales: 30 Days of Thinking
  • Ag Tech Talk: 30 Days of Ag Tech
  • Life of a Future Farmer: 30 Days of Life Through the Eyes of a Future Farmer
  • Anna-Lisa Smile: 30 Days of Life in Rural Nevada
  • Pannill's Gate Farm: 30 Days of Vivacious Redheads
  • Oskee 97: 30 Days: All in the Name of Good Fun
  • PVF Posts: 30 Days to a Sale
  • Willow Lea Stock Farm: 30 Days of Life on our Northern Illinois Farm
  • My Cows and Pigs: 30 Days of Cows
  • Dark Creek Farm: 30 Days on Dark Creek Farm

  • No comments: